I've recently discovered that I'm lactose intolerant. I am also a fan of all things dairy. Irony is a bitch. This is my foray into the world of the non-dairy. Testing the lactose-free waters, as it were.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Welcome to my dairy-free world.

I cannot stress how much I love dairy. Chocolate, cheese, yoghurt, milk, scones.... I can't even begin to describe it. But I was feeling unwell for the last few months, and there's only a certain amount of it that I could take. So I got a food intolerance test, and last week I got the unfortunate, but probably in the long-term good news that I am lactose intolerant. And that means a massive diet overhall. Because, honestly speaking, dairy products, or at least products that have dairy in them make up about half of what I eat every day. Not to mention the fact that there's a sneaky amount of dairy as a coating in unlikely products like crisps. 

I know that there a lot of dairy-free alternatives on the market. However, there is a large amount of hit and miss involved in buying nice dairy-free alternatives. Especially chocolate. And considering the price of dairy-free products, in Ireland at least, if you're going to spend that amount, you at least want to enjoy the product.

So this is my record of my taste-testings, as well as any dairy-free recipes that I try out. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment